Sunday, February 12, 2012

Heart Framelit Hanging Boxes




I made these for my daughter's three teachers for Valentines Day.  I used the Large Heart Framelit and cut it twice, then the next size smaller to cut each piece of Designer Series Paper(I used a Christmas one from this past Holiday Mini-retired now, purple one with dots is from the pack of Sweet Shoppe in the CURRENT Occasions Mini, and the red floral one at the bottom is from Twitterpatted, which is also from the CURRENT Occasions Mini. I then made my flowers from punching 5 Scallop Circles and scrunching them, open them back up and add a brad, then pull each layer up again to achieve the look you like, then glue dot it down to the top heart.  I made the middle of the basket by cutting a piece of cardstock to 4x8, and scoring in the middle(long way) at 4", then each long side at 1/2", fold each score line, and fold into a "V" shape and glue one heart to each side. I just cut a handle to the size I like and attached it with Sticky Strip tape.  Finished size of these baskets are 5 1/2 x 5" (not including the handle).

0 comments: