Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tea For Two Scalloped Envelope Box




I am so tired of the snow and ready for spring! When I made this box, it just screamed SPRING! My hostess this month asked me to make something 3D and since I am always trying to sell those AWESOME Big Shot dies, I wanted to show her that you can do things other than the original plan that they were intended for.  So, I made a box with the Scalloped Envelope Die! I started by using So Saffron Cardstock and cut two envelopes out. And then a strip of Saffron for the box.  I adhered it all together and wrapped it in a strip of Tea For Two DSP! I actually did not favor this paper at first, then I used it and omg! I love it! I then wrapped a piece of that FREE Island Indigo Ribbon around it and tied a bow.  I punched out a Lucky Limeade 1 3/8" Scallop Circle and layered on top of it a So Saffron circle and then smooshed down a Bottle Cap (from the Spring Mini).  Using the Collage Curios stamp set (Spring Mini),I stamped the script in Sahara Sand onto Whisper White cardstock and then colored the flower with the Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo markers and stamped it down over the script and punched it using the 1" Circle punch and hot glued it down to the box.  For the lid, I layered the Island Indio and a piece of Lucky Limeade ran through the Perfect Polka Dots folder and added a Pool Party button (FREE) over a Faceted Button (Free with purchase) with White Baker's Twine and hot glued it down. 

0 comments: