Friday, June 7, 2013

Oh Hello!


Where oh where has time gone?  The days seem to be flying by so quickly and then I see that it's been days that I've posted anything! Truth is, I'm very busy, it's a good busy, but as you can see from where I am taking my photos(on my stamp table versus my light box, which is upstairs in a dark room) that it's a matter of getting photos taken so that I have stuff to post! Phew!
So, this card is one that I made at a recent workshop. I used the stamp set Oh, Hello!(LOVE!) and some new DSP (Gingham Garden) from the 2013-14 Stampin' Up! catalog.  I started off by folding a piece of Crumb Cake in half for the card base and then running a layer of Whisper White through the Big Shot using one of the Ovals from the Ovals Framelits. I added Dimensionals to the back of the layer of Whisper White that has an oval cut out and stuck it down to the Crumb Cake.   I used the piece that was cut out, and stamped the chevron pattern stamp onto it using Summer Starfruit ink and then the sentiment in Island Indigo directly onto that.  I then adhered it through the "hole", just behind the white layer.  I then cut a strip of the Gingham Garden DSP and layered it to a strip of Cherry Cobbler punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch and onto the card.  I punched out 3-  1 1/4" Scallop punches to make the flower.  I added a Glimmer Brad in the center and onto the card with a Glue Dot.  I hope your summer is going wonderful and that you are finding some time to stamp.  I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the BIG BROWN TRUCK with MORE NEW GOODIES!

0 comments: