Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Maple Leaf Joy Fold Card


Good Wednesday to you! I hope all you that have children, have had good experiences with getting those little ones (and big ones) off to school this week.  Not sure how I feel every year, bittersweet pretty much comes to mind as my nest is dwindling all the time, down to 2 from 4 at one time...ugh.  Anyway, on to the post.....
This card was one of my finalists for my Fancy Folds 2 class coming up, and as much as I love doing this technique, it was just not what I wanted to show them, so it got ousted and put here to share with you all.
You can find a tutorial here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/joy_fold_card/ and see how simple it is.  I started with a Crushed Curry base and layered it up with Early Expresso and Very Vanilla Cardstock and then the DSP is from the pack Sweater Weather in the Holiday Mini.  I cut it all according to the directions and then stamped the Maple Leaf stamp, also a Holiday Mini item, in Early Expresso and then the acorn in Cajun Craze and sentiment in Crushed Curry from the stamp set Truly Grateful(Holiday Mini)onto the Very Vanilla.  I stamped one more acorn and punched it out using the 1" Circle punch and layering it onto the Cajun Craze 1 1/4" circle and up with a Dimensional, it serves as the "closure" for the card front.  That's how simple this card was! Think of all the different combinations you could use! I hope you have a wonderful day, I'm heading into my stamp room this morning and working on cards for my September classes!

0 comments: