Tuesday, September 10, 2013

San Diego Swaps!

 It wouldn't be a Stampin' Up! Event at all, even a Getaway Trip, without card swaps! So, for this one I had to make 19 swaps to share with 19 other ladies!  At Convention, someone showcased a gift card holder and I fell in love with it, so I ventured out to make one and fell in love with making it so this is what I decided to make for all the achievers!
Swaps start out with the planning of course, which is the fun, yet overwhelming part because you want to give something that just WOWs them, then there is the preparations, and here are my photos of my journey to the finished product.  All my layers cut and scored ready to assemble.
I cannot get enough of this Bow Making Die for the Big Shot! LOVE IT!  I really couldn't have made this many bows if I had to cut them by hand.
Here are all my swaps together, FINISHED!
Here is the outside!  I used LOTS of stuff from the Holiday Mini catalog!
And here is the inside when you open it, the insert comes right up with the tab to hold the gift card or secret message!  LOVE IT!  Mike and I leave on Thursday morning at 4am to catch our flight out to San Diego, and I must say, I am really looking forward to a new place to visit! Don't forget to look on THURSDAY at my blog for the Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop featuring each or our FAVORITE paper crafting tools from Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

corinnesomerville said...

I didn't know there were swaps?????!!!! ughhhh...... You're card is amazing! See ya tomorrow!!!!

Deb Naylor said...

Those are freaking adorable. I hope you will swap with me after the swap. Deb Naylor

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

Wow.. Love these!!!!! Simply fabulous! Thank you for sharing!

Sherrill Graff owner said...

love your swap cards
Hope you had a fun safe trip!
sherrill graff
late night stamper