Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Cardmaking Day!

 Okay, so I only got two cards done for WCD!  That's actually more than I have done in the past two years on WCD...lol.  I had planned to spend most of my day in my stamp room, but watching the Goonies ended up being with Jenna and Mike and half asleep on the couch because it was so dreary outside.  Both cards are simple, I love clean and simple and often find myself trying to layer way to much.  The first card is made using Night of Navy as the base and Real Red Co'ordenations ran through the Big Shot with the Honeycomb embossing folder and then I ran my sanding block over it.  I then took the Sticky Rounds and placed one down on the card and did the ribbon flower using Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon, twisting as I went along the Sticky Round.  I punched out two Small Ovals (from scraps of stamped cardstock) and adhered them just under the flower.  I then stamped on Whisper White Cardstock with Tempting Turquoise ink using the stamp set Yippee Skippee and punching it out with the Fancy Label punch and popping it up with Dimensionals.
The second card was made with Summer Starfruit as the base, layered with Raspberry Ripple and a piece of Birthday Basics DSP(candle paper).  I ran a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe through the Big Shot using a Square Framelit in the center to give it the "poloaroid" affect.  I stamped the greeting from the Really Good Greetings Stamp set onto Vellum using Bermuda Bay ink and layering it to the back of the frame.  I then stamped the cute little saying at the bottom with Basic Gray onto Very Vanilla and trimming the ends into flags and adding an In Color embellishment( cannot think of what they are at them moment) to that.  I hope you had time to go and stamp today.  I also hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful! 

0 comments: