Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hostess Appreciation Party Projects

This is gonna be a little bit larger post today as I am going to post all the projects we made at our Hostess Club Appreciation party on Friday night rather than each day posting something because in TWO DAYS we are hosting another Stylin' Stampin' Squad BLOG HOP! Be sure to mark that down and hop along with us as we will be giving away prizes for comments left on each one!
So on to the projects: I'm not going to get too descriptive in each one or you will be here all day. Lol
 I got the original idea for this from the great Wendy Weixler, but I modified mine to be a one cup carrier and used the Festive Flurry Bundle and Winter Frost DSP to decorate it with.  The cups I ordered online they are teeny tiny, 4 oz. cups and hold little chocolates quite nicely inside.  We wrapped the DSP around the cups as well so they were even cuter.
Here is the cup outside the carrier.
This is a cute little way to give a lipstick or chapstick.  I used the Dressed Up Framelits and made a box from an actual lipstick box to sandwich in between the two dresses.  I added a red lipstick inside.  These would be cute stocking stuffers. 
I just photographed both of these together, not sure why, but here's a "twofer"..The box on the left is about 
4 1/2" x 6" and will hold lots of great stuff.  The cracker on the right is a "mini' version of it.  I made it from the WinterFrost DSP paper stack.  it holds 2 Snickers Minis.  I used the Festive Flurry framelits for the snowflake on the box and the stamp set More Merry Messages for the sentiment.  On the cracker, I used the Tags 4 You stamp set and punch and added Bermuda Bay 1/8" ribbon on the ends.
 I cannot rave enough about the Pop n' Cuts die! I have YET to use it for a card, but have found that it makes QUICK gift card holders.  This is the second version of one I have made, the last one is in a couple of posts back.  I love all things vintage and this stamp set, Santa's List is one of my favorite Christmas sets so far.  I stamped him in Smokey Slate onto Whisper White and punched out with the 2 1/2" circle punch.  I stamped both sentiments from the set on the gift holder, one on the outside and one ....
on the inside. 
 The last project we made is so simple. I wanted to make them all simple so they are easily reproducible for gift giving and this one is made to hold money. (I only had a one dollar bill to put in it-don't judge-lol)  I used the Oh Goodie! stamp set that we got FREE at Convention to stamp out the Ho,Ho,Ho.  We wrapped a piece of black cardstock around the middle and made a santa belt and buckle.  Easy peasy!
I think the girls had fun, it's always nice to show them things to make other than cards, because all of them are so wonderful and support me in such a HUGE way, not only through the "business" aspect of it all, but they are AWESOME friends! I hope this has inspired you to make something for gift giving this year!  Come back on THURSDAY, the 12th and hop along with us on our December Christmas Blog Hop for MORE ideas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The hostess party was so much fun and the projects were wonderful. As always I look forward to each new adventure at stamping. Donna C

Traci Williams said...

Oh can't wait until next Saturday morning! The fun we will have!!