Friday, January 16, 2015

You Brighten My Day -Thankfulness jar

 One last workshop project then it's on to January card class cards.  My hostess asked me to come up with something for Mother's Day and since we are always making cards, I wanted to do something special for gift giving.  So, I came up with this "thankfulness jar" and used a ton of different products from both the Ocassions Mini and the Salebration supplement.
 I decorated the jar with the Stacked With Love DSP stack, by simply cutting a piece of the DSP in half the long way and using Sticky Strip to adhere them together and then another piece to adhere it to the jar. I cut some hearts from Calypso Coral and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper using the Hearts Framelits and sticking them over the DSP.  I added a button from the Button Pack that you can earn for FREE during Salebration.  I stamped out the tag sentiment from You Brighten My day(also a free offering from Salebration) in Calypso Coral ink and onto Whisper White and punching out with the Note Tag Punch (Ocassions Mini) and finished it off by tying some of that awesome Gold Baker's Twine and using a Mini Glue Dot to adhere it to the tag.
For the lid, again, I used the Stacked With Love DSP stack and punched out a circle using the 2 1/2" Circle punch and gluing it to the lid.  And for the ring of the lid, I cut a 1/2" strip of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper and adding it to the lid with some more Sticky Strip.  I used my Cropodile (oh why did that tool have to retire?) to punch holes into the ring and thread some Basic Black Baker's Twine through and tie at the ends.  I punched out some Real Red Hearts using the Shapes Bitty Punch pack and sticking them over the baker's twine with Mini Glue Dots.  I gave them the idea that I will be writing down things that I'm thankful for even for memories of my mom and giving it to her at Mother's Day.  Well, we have a busy day today, so I hope that you all have a free day to stamp or do something that you want too...Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments: