Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sophia's Sucker bouquet

My friend Amy asked me to do a Valentine's gift for her granddaughter Sophia, and she thought the idea of DumDums would be great since she is teething.  So, I set out to make a bouquet for her using the suckers and our new Sweet Shoppe DSP from the Mini.  She is a purple and pink kind of girl so I made her flowers from Wisteria Wonder and Pink Pirouette cardstock, cutting them out with the Fancy Flower Die and Big Shot.  I bought the clear paint cans from our local scrapbook store and just insterted the paper.  I then tied a nice White Satin ribbon around the top.  To make the tag with the "S", I cut a peice of Pink Pirouette cardstock down to just cover the "S" on my Seriff Essentials letter die and cut it out, then glued a piece of Silver Glitter paper behind it, it's the reverse negative technique", then tied it to the ribbon with White Baker's Twine. I filled the can with DumDums and punched holes in the lid that came with the tin to hold the suckers in place, since the sticks are smaller and needed some support.

1 comments:

becsflowers said...

LOVE your stuff! The bokay is precious.
-Rebecca (becsflowers from SCS)