Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine Framelit Decor

Soooooo, I LOVE Valentine's Day....and I just knew that I would love these Framelits, so  I decided to do some 3D with them!  I also used one of the our Letterpress plates (which I have wanted for a long time now and just got!)
I cut 5 hearts from the Framelits die using Pink Pirouette cardstock, and ran them each through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, then using our Simply Scored Tool, I scored them down the centers and folded inwards. Then I used some Mono Multi Glue to glue them all together and make it dimensional.  I then punched out Certainly Celery pennants from the Pennant Builder punch and Cherry Cobbler hearts using the Small Heart Punch and threaded the pennants with White Baker's twine and added Basic Rhinestones to the hearts.  I then layered this on a piece Crumb Cake that I ran through the Lattice Embossing Folder. I punched out some clouds using the Cupcake punch and sponged the edges with some Bashful Blue ink.  Tied a nice bow using that wonderful Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding and adhered it to the "heart balloon".  I then ran the Letterpress plate with White Craft ink onto Certainly Celery cardstock.  I felt like the bottom of the frame was "naked" so I ruffled some Basic Gray Striped Grosgrain ribbon.  (The finished size is 8 1/2x 11)

1 comments:

Julia said...

Great idea! Love the 3d heart...