Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ornament Keepsake

This was another project I demonstrated at my workshop on Sunday.  My hostess had ordered the Ornament Keepsake Bundle and took the class to make the ornament on the front cover of the Holiday Mini with me and after she made one, she decided that she wanted/needed the Big Shot, so I happy to announce that she got her Big Shot HALF OFF!  Anyway, this ornament is much smaller scale than the one we did from the cover, but beautiful nonetheless.  I started out by cutting a Scallop Circle from Early Expresso, and a 3 1/2" circle from Very Vanilla, and then embossing it with the Lacey Brocade embossing folder.  I then cut out 3 Ornaments using the Candlelit Christmas DSP and scored them down the middle and glued them together to get the 3D effect and then glued it down to the front of the circles.  I stamped the Merry Christmas from the Open Sleigh stamp set and cut it down small enough not to cover the ornament and used glue dots to hold it down.  I looped some Crumb Cake Scallop Tulle (also from the Holiday Mini) through a hole punched in the top and then tied a seperate bow to cover the hole.  I added some Basic Pearls and viola! I LOVE how it came out....think about all those scraps of DSP you might have laying around and start using them! Enjoy! Come back tommorrow and I'll show you the cute little treats I made for Jenna's class for Halloween...

0 comments: