Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Lovely Christmas

I had my first "box party"or "party to go" over Thanksgiving and this is the first card they got to make.  I used Whisper White for the base and layered a piece of Real Red onto that.   I then cut down some Basic Gray cardstock and ran it through the Petals A Plenty embossing folder. I stamped the tree from Lovely As a Tree(did you know this is Stampin' Up's most sold stamp set ever?) in Always Artichoke onto Whisper White and cut it out with the large die from Apothecary Accents framelits.  I also used the bottom part of the die to cut out some Red Glimmer paper to attach to the bottom of the white, and then a teeny tiny strip of Always Artichoke cardstock to divide the two colors.  I then stamped the Merry Christmas from Owl Occasions in Basic Black and attached a Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon to the top.  
**(a "box party" or "party to go" is simply however many cards of whatever the hostess chooses for her group -this one was 5 cards for each lady  of 3 Christmas and 2 birthday-, charging whatever you feel is worth it, and then cut the paper and ribbon and stick the stamps and inks in boxes and they do the party without you having to be there-then they simply return the box the next day)

0 comments: