Monday, November 5, 2012

Snow Much Fun Cocoa Packet

I have had so much fun with my October and November workshops because they all so far have requested easy giftable type projects so it's been nice to get my mind working in a different direction than just card making.  AND it brings out more to stamping than just cardmaking.  So, this past weekend's workshop was a THO (Totally Hands On) workshop, which for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when the hostess and her customers/guests, do all the projects and take them home instead of me standing up in front of them and doing all the talking.  We had a blast!  This is half a sheet of cardstock, folded in half, and the corner of one side folded inward and glued.  I then stamped the sentiment from the stamp set right under that fold.  I then chose the snowflake pattern from the Candlelight Christmas Designer Series paper pack and adhered a piece to the front.  I love the Summer Starfruit and Crumb Cake colors together, and was looking for something different for the color scheme, so I stamped the snowman in black onto Crumb Cake and punched out a 2 3/8" Scallop from Summer Starfruit and layered them on top of the DSP.  I added a Large Pearl as a snowball for a little dimension.  And to finish off the packet, glued just a thin strip of the bottom so as to hold the cocoa packet and candy cane inside, punched some holes and threaded through the Summer Starfruit ribbon and tied it up.  They loved this idea and have many ordering the supplies to make more for gifts! Come back tommorrow and I'll show you yet another project from the same worskhop!

0 comments: