Monday, June 23, 2014

A Fitting Ocassion

 Hello Monday! Where did you come from? lol  I'm off to my sisters 2 hours away today for a private class and I'm happy to be getting out of the house by myself and to see my sister.  I wanted to get all my cards from June card class shared before the month is over, which seems to be going too fast.
This card is busy, but it was my favorite one this month.
It's base is Whisper White, layered with Sahara Sand and then Coastal Cabana embossed with the Arrows Folder. I ran a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe through the Big Shot and cut out a Top Note and sliced it in half and then ran it again with the Perfect Polka Dots folder and adhered it to the card. Then I ran a piece of Gold Baker's Twine around it and tied a double bow.
For the focal point, I cut out a piece of the new Lullaby DSP and layered it onto a little piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I punched out a Hello Honey Modern Label punch piece and colored some Basic Rhinestones with the Blendabilities and stuck them down on each end.  I used the Curley Label image in the set A Fitting Ocassion and stamped it onto Sahara Sand cardstock with Whisper White ink and punched it out.  Then I stamped the Happy Birthday in Crisp Cantaloupe ink and the butterfly in Coastal Cabana and punched it out with the 1" circle punch and used some Dimensionals to pop it up.
Well, it's back to my coffee and then I'm hittin' the road.  I have several days away from home this week, and am freakin' out that I only have 23 days until Convention and my swaps are sitting and waiting for me to get too..EEK!
Have a great Monday!

0 comments: