Sunday, June 29, 2014

Stampin' UP! Fry Box

 I hope everyone is having a fantastic Sunday.  Me, I'm being lazy, because it's been a busy week and I can. lol  This past week, one of things I was very busy with was my Hostess Appreciation Party and the girls had a lot of fun as did I just spending some one on one with them.  They were so encouraging in my endeavours(some have been in my clubs for 9 YEARS!) to meet my requirements for the annual Stampin' Up! Incentive trips.  This year, as of today anyway, I will be spending some time with my 16 year daughter in Washington DC, all expense paid, in September, and I'm not upset at all that I'm not going to Hawaii, because she will get to see the Nation's Captiol and much more!
So, enough of the rambling...onto my project today.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on this die, the Fry Box.  I cut it out of Blackberry Bliss cardstock(one of the new In Colors) and ran it through the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder just on the front part of the box and assembled. (SUPER EASY to do!)  I stamped out the heart from the stamp set, Peace,Love and Cupcakes in Crushed Curry ink onto Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out using the new Large Heart punch  and adhered it to the box.  I added a Basic Pearl to the flower on the heart.
 For the "fries", I used Very Vanilla cardstock, and cut them into 2 1/2 x 3 3/4 rectangles and scored on the short side every half inch.  I then ran it through a Crimper, ( I miss SU! not carrying this tool, but love keeping it around for this kind of thing) and then gluing two sides together.  I added Smarties inside to give away as a treat.
So, with that idea in mind, I needed something to say on the outside, so I saw the Friends stamp in the same set and thought to myself, that I couldn't just put friends on the outside, nope, had to think outside the box and something just clicked and I thought "friend fries".  So, I stamped out a Blackberry Bliss friends, and then used the Alphabet Rotary stamp to spell out "fries" and stamped it out in Crushed Curry ink and fussy cut both of them.  I love Venetian Crochet Trim(lace) so I stapled a piece of it to attach the two sentiments onto the box.  I LOVE how it all came out!
Well, I'm off to work on more swaps for Convention..only about 20 left to go!
Happy Sunday everyone!

1 comments:

Mary said...

Very cute project!