Monday, June 30, 2014

Cupcake Party- Hostess Appreciation Party Part II

 I am sad to say it is official, no Hawaii...BUT, BUT....I just learned last night that Debbie Henderson, one of my idols, is going to Washington DC, OMG! I get to meet her in person!  And the reason I bring this up first in my post, THIS CARD was inspired BY HER! I KNOW RIGHT?  So, I saw a card she did using this fold and she did it in flowers, but I looked at it and thought how cute would it be to make a bakery store front?  So, I started out by using Crisp Cantaloupe card stock and scoring it to make the base.  I then cut the Window Sheet down to fit in between the front fold and top fold.  I cut a piece of Baked Brown Sugar DSP from the Patterns Pack and punched along the edges using the Scallop Border Punch to become the "awning".
 For the bottom half of the "storefront",  I used the new Gold Soriee DSP! IT IS BEAUTIFUL! I glued a piece of it in front of the Window Sheet to hide the seam and for more stability.  I scored a piece of Baked Brown Sugar card stock to make the shelf for the cupcakes to set on, using again, the Scalloped Border Punch.  I used the Cupcake Builder Punch to punch out the cupcakes that I stamped with Strawberry Slush and Pistachio Pudding (bottoms/cake liners) and Crumb Cake ink for the two tops, and then I punched out one of the tops with the NEW Dazzling Diamonds Paper!   How wonderful is that paper? BEYOND WORDS!  And I used it again to punch out a heart with the new Bitty Pack and colored it with BLENDABILITES!   I tied some Baked Brown Sugar Twine in a double bow and stuck the heart right over it.  I stamped out the sentiment from the Cupcake Party set and flagged the end.  I love how it all turned out, just how I planned it.
Welp, I'm off of here, we have another mess of bad storms heading in at any moment, stay safe and have a great night!

0 comments: