Saturday, July 5, 2014

Hostess Appreciation Party -Watermelon Baskets

 First, I must apologize for these photos...somewhere, my STARBURST candies disappeared before I took photos...lol.  This is a sweet little basket I had the girls make out of all sorts of stuff. We started by using Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White and Melon Mambo DSP from the Pattern Pack and running each through a layer of Circle Framelits and gluing them together and slicing them in half.  The box was made from a small piece of card stock( I can't remember the measurements at this time) and was nestled in between the watermelon slices.  Strips of the same color card stocks were cut to form a handle and attached between the box and watermelon.
The outside, I had made the flowers from Crushed Curry and the Boho Blossoms punch and the centers from Baked Brown Sugar and Gold Glimmer paper.  The sentiment is from the stamp set Nuts About You, stamped in Chocolate Chip onto Whisper White card stock and punched out with the 1" circle punch.  I added  a  Melon Mambo heart from the Heart Border Punch and then tied on some Linen Thread to finish it off.  These were super simple to make and I guess the candy inside was a winner too!
Have a great Saturday!

0 comments: