Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sweet Watermelon

What a beautiful day it is, after having STYFILING heat yesterday! I am thankful that I get to work in the house on days like that.  And speaking of that, it's kind of funny that in the midst of the heat, I sat up my stamping classroom yesterday for my Christmas in July Stamp a Stack today.  I have so many photos to show you, and sadly, realized, I forgot to share July card class cards.
I saw an idea on Pinterest for a watermelon card and decided to make one out of some new product as well as some that is still current, but not neccesarily new.  I started with an Old Olive base, and added a Melon Mambo layer, but scored it on the left side so that the opening is just a flap not a full front.  I ran another piece of Old Olive thorugh the new Zig Zag folder and layered it onto the Melon Mambo flap.  The inside is just a layer of Whisper White (for writing on).  For the watermelon, I stamped out the gingham circle in Old Olive from the stamp set Kind and Cozy and punched it out with the 2 1/2" Circle punch. I layered a 1 3/4" circle of a design from the Sweet Taffy DSP pack into the center of it and then cut the whole thing in half. I added the seeds, wait for it..............I used the new Itty Bitty punch pack HEART and punched out 2 hearts and cut them in half. Yep, that's it! Cute huh?  For the sentiment at the top, I used Cycle Celebrations and stamped out the label shaped stamp in Melon Mambo and punched it out and then stamped it again in Momento Black ink and punched it out using the Large Oval punch and used a Dimensional to adhere it to the middle. I had some extra supplies left over, so a select few got this card as a swap for Convention.  Well, I'm going to finish my coffee and wait for my stampers to get here. Have a super Wednesday!

0 comments: