Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Dear Heart

 Today's card is from the stamp set Dear Heart.  Now that I have grandbaby BOYS, I can enjoy purchasing these sets because before all I had was GIRLS! How fun!  The only thing I would change about this card, yeah, I forgot to put his baseball cap on...:( Anyway, I ran a piece of Basic Black cardstock through the Big Shot with the new Large Polka Dot embossing folder and adhered that layer to a layer of Cajun Craze.  I stamped the dinosaurs in Sahara Sand ink onto Sahara Sand cardstock.
I stamped out the face on Whisper White with the Momento Black ink pad so that I could color in his face and hair with Blendabilities.  I LOVE how I can do his face and not have a single streak! And as for the hair, I colored it with a darker brown, and then the magic...I used the Color Lifter to lighten it up.  Almost as if he has highlights.  LOVE!  I stamped the frame out in Cajun Craze ink onto the same color cardstock and punched it out, layering the face on top with Dimensionals.  I used some White Baker's Twine and Candy Dots/Brads to make it a hanging.  I stamped out the sentiment in the Momento ink also onto Marina Mist and flagged the edges.  I stamped out the baseball and colored it with Blendabilities and punched it out, adhering it with a Dimensional.
I'm excited that I have my first Project Life class tonight, so I must get scootin' to finish up my paperwork to hand out to them.  Just got my SU! box delivered and I dno't even have time to get my YEEHAW stamp out to play today..GAH! LOL

0 comments: