Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Party Animals!

 So, I'm slow as usual in getting my blog posts done.  Busy busy!  Here is another card from March card class.  I wanted to use this set because it's right up my alley...most days I feel like I'm amongst the animals..lol- in a good way.  This is the stamp set From the Herd and it's just comical.  I wanted to make a simple card with it since my attendance between three different classes is big now and time is always an issue.  So, I left it black and white for the most part(no coloring).  I layered Pink Pirouette over Whisper White card base, and then another layer of Whisper White that I ran through the Large Polka Dot embossing folder.
 I stamped out the animals in Momento Black and used my Two Way Glue Pen to "color" in some of the animals and then sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds onto them.  (It appears I may have colored outside the lines-oops..)  I layered them onto a Basic Gray circle (that really is straight on there, my angle of my shot is crooked-imagine that) using my 2 1/2" Circle Punch.  I stamped the balloon twice, masking off the first one, and then stamping onto a piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock and cutting out.  Using a Dimensional to pop it out, I then added some Crystal Effects.
I wrapped some Basic Gray Bakers Twine around the top layer and then stamped and punched out the sentiment using the Modern Label Punch and Word Window Punch.  I flagged a couple pieces of So Saffron and added them behind the words.
Well, it's allergy season, full force for me, so I'm going to go take a nap while the fantastic 70 degree breeze blows in on me...Have a great Wednesday.

0 comments: