Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Alaska!

So, here I am for the first time in MONTHS! I wanted to start back blogging with some of my pictures from the 2018 Stampin'Up! Incentive trip to Alaska! Oh my word! Had a blast and was SPOILED beyond anything I could have ever imagined. This was my first Grand incentive trip, so it was quite different than the Getaways that SU! have, that I earned. This one was GRAND in EVERY SINGLE WAY!
First of all, the pillow gifts! Wowzer!
Each night on our bed, usually while we were at dinner, the stateroom attendant would come in an deliver them. It was awesome to come back with a surprise! And SU! spared NO expense. Stamps/bundles from the new Holiday catalog, a warm logo jacket, a GORGEOUS handbag, a foil map, a warm blanket a nice plaquard was on our door when we arrived with a photo of Alaska. It was amazing! 
The first day was boarding and sailing out to Juneau. We got on our boat  the Explorer of the Seas in Seattle around 1pm Friday and sailed all night and all day Saturday. And all I can say is I have NEVER been on a boat that is like a floating town! BEAUTIFUL!


On Friday night after dinner, Stampin' Up! hosted a Meet and Greet with hor'dourves such as sushi, hand sandwiches and all kinds of fruits and cheeses.  

Saturday morning, all of the achievers and first guest went to the Palace Theatre to have a Welcome Reception. There a bunch of corporate members and board members were there. Shelly was there! We got some demonstrations on new upcoming Holiday Catalog product and lots of FREE stuff from it! They shared a new concept to get new customers, how to entertain those who are already avid stampers. 


They announced the 2020 Incentive would be...……………...MAUI! I will so be working my patooty off for this one! I was above excited! I immediately went back to my stateroom and sat on the balcony with a cup of coffee and writing ideas down for upcoming classes to make this a reality! 
Sunday, we stopped for the first time in Juneau! BEATIFUL and BREATHTAKING! We had bought a Whale Watching and Wildlife watch with Mendenhall Glacier stop. 
 Some great tree lines of Alaska. There was a brown bear on the shore line, but the boat was moving too fast at this point that I couldn't get a picture.
 Herbert Glacier was so cool to see on our way out to watch for whales.

 We were 10% of the ONLY ones that EVER see pods of Orcas. This pod had a mom, dad and baby.  Snapping pictures of them are not easy.
This was the boat that we were on. 
 Mendenhall Glacier is a MUST SEE if you ever get a chance to go to Alaska! These pictures do no justice as to the enormous size it is. It has shrunk SO much in the past 200 years.




 If you click on the picture above you can see how grand the waterfall is compared to the people standing at the bottom! Yes, those are people! We only had an hour here, so we were unable to walk all the way out there.
You could also walk out and get within 1/4 mile away from the glacier if you had time. 

THEN......I think Mike was just as excited to go here! TRACY'S CRAB SHACK! Alaskan King Crab- 5# of it! We were so full by the time we finished off this bucket, that it was a super time to walk back to the boat 1/2 mile away! 




I will stop for today at Juneau pictures. Tomorrow I will share the next two days. Thanks for stopping by!




0 comments: