Sunday, August 5, 2018

Alaska Part 2

Took a little while, but I did make it back here. I have 4 upcoming events in the next 10 days, plus I signed up for another swap for the Holiday catalog, so my mind is like a computer with 100 open tabs. lol
So, our next port of call was Skagway. It was such a quaint little town surrounded by nothing but mountains! We didn't do any excursions this day because I wanted to just walk around and talk to locals and get a feel of Alaska. This was the town to do it in.

 Just one of the many places to eat on our walk into the "city".
 We walked past a campground and decided that next time we want to drive in and camp! Who wouldn't want to go to sleep and wake up to this view each morning?
 A little lake by the campground that had a few salmon in it.


 Skageway is known for the Gold Rush. The museum was so fun to walk through and read all the articles and see the actual buildings that had significance from that time.
 And of course, we found two breweries to try.  Love local products.
 This is where we had lunch. I didn't take a picture of the actual place due to the line. You wouldn't have been able to see it because of all the people. It was actually a food truck, but man, the fish and chips, (I chose Rockfish because I had never had it) and just delish!
 Even though we were stuffed from our lunch, one should never pass up Indian fry bread. Again, the line was so long, but it was worth the wait. (and the weight- :) )


This is the White Pass Railroad. You could buy the tour by train up to the Yukon and see the whole mountainside and peaceful serenity of life outside of town. It was a 3.5 hour tour and I didn't want to sit any longer, I needed to be moving around. Next time I suppose.....

We spent nearly the whole day out and about, but were tired when we got back to the ship. We left port at about 7pm and Mike started feeling sick, so he slept for 5 hours. I sat on our balcony with a cup of coffee and my Holiday Catalog and made my wish list. But I took a few pictures of the beauty that we were sailing past until it got too dark. 





Thank you for stopping in to see my pictures. I will have a few more in the coming days. Then I will be sharing some cards and other things from my upcoming classes.


0 comments: