Sunday, August 19, 2018

Alaska Part 3

So, school employees head back to school tomorrow so I thought I better get with it again and post my final Alaska post. I am sad that summer is ending, but I try and think of all the positives that come with that. ( I will let you know when I figure those out).
So, our last day at port was Victoria, BC. It was BEAUTIFUL! I had never thought of going to Canada, but I'm glad we did. The weather, once again, was perfect! I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked, but I'm not a flower garden person, so we chose not to do any excursions this port.
We walked 3 miles into "town" from port. It was so nice outside and so pretty the whole way, so it didn't seem like it took us that long. So, the first stop was Fisherman's Wharf. It was so cute. All the floating homes. Really! There were people who LIVED there! I was in love with the tiny little houses. They even unhooked from the dock and could float out into the bay.










 This one is a Bed and Breakfast! How cool is this! However, I'm afraid it wouldn't be too cozy with all the tourists on that wharf everyday. It also was floating food places.

So, you wouldn't believe that I told you earlier that we didn't go see the flower gardens called Buchart Gardens, which apparently is a big deal, but just walking around this town. This is all on our walk. 





 This is the historic Empress Hotel.  You can't believe the beauty of this building. People still stay here and there is a tea time and shops inside.

 The congress building.



 Inside the Empress Hotel, the tea shop.




And of course we had to eat local seafood. So, this is what we ate for lunch.  Mike had oysters and I had cod fish tacos.

So, that was Alaska in a nutshell. I couldn't, wouldn't show you all 800+ photos that I took. So, I look forward to showing you some projects that I've made at some past workshops this month. 
Thank you for stopping by!

0 comments: