Saturday, April 19, 2014

Perfect Pennants Bundle

Today is going to be a GORGEOUS day out and I get to go see my grandson play soccer, so this is my short and sweet post for toda. I saw a video how to make this card.  It's kind of a "postcard" there's no base to open, the actual Smokey Slate Banner on this card IS the flap that opens and reveals the next size smaller pennant in white to write on. I started with a Summer Starfruit base, and layered it with a piece of  Bermuda Bay that I randomly stamped with stars from the Perfect Pennants stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink. Then I cut out the Smokey Slate by creasing the cardstock and laying it just above the die so that it stays attached to make a flap. I glued it in between the Summer Starfruit and Bermuda Bay layers. I stamped out the Make a Wish in Summer Starfruit onto Whisper White and used the 2 1/2" circle punch to cut it out and then sliced off just enough to line up on the pennant.  I colored the letter "a" with the Bermuda Bay marker and punched it out with the 1/2" circle punch.  I added a strip of Silver Glitter paper behind it before tying a piece of Summer Starfruit stitched ribbon over it all.  I used the Star Punch to punch out some BB stars for some color on the front.
I'm sad to see Summer Starfruit retiring this year, I need to "hoard" up ( my new word for "stock up") on it before it's gone.!
And speaking of retiring...TOMMORROW, April 21st, the RETIRED LIST comes out for Stampin' Up! and Monday-Friday ONLY, FREE SHIPPING! Contact me if you need anything or need help ordering! This year, even the stamps are WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

0 comments: