Monday, May 26, 2014

Simple Stems- TWO Ways!

So, I thought I better get these two cards shown before May 31st! WHY? Well, because these are two of the cards we made at May card class and it showcases ONE stamp set in particular that can be used two completley different ways.  It's called Simple Stems, and it's in the current mini catalog and is only going to be available until May 31st! (it is NOT in the new catalog....) 

 This first one is showing a simple, yet soft way to use the stamp set.  I layered a piece of Soft Sky that I ran through the Big Shot using the Arrows folder onto Whisper White cardstock.  I then layered up Pear Pzazz with Daffodil Delight cardstock with a piece of White Taffeta Ribbon looped behind it  and stamped one of the flower images in Daffodil Delight and Pear Pzazz ink onto another piece of Whisper White.  I then stamped the sentiment in Versamark onto Pear Pzazz cardstock and heat embossed it with Soft Sky Embossing Powder and punched out using the Fancy Label Punch. I added a couple of Basic Pearls to the bottom of the punch out.  Then, we did THIS with the SAME STAMP SET.......!!!
Isn't if so stinkin' cute? How awesome and versitile is that? I started by layering Real Red onto Whisper White and ran a piece of Tempting Turquoise through the Big Shot using the Chevron embossing folder.  I wanted to split up those two colors using a piece of Pumpkin Pie paper from the Designer Series Paper Pack, tagging the end and adding a small bow of  1/8" Black Taffeta ribbon.  I then stamped the "little furry guys" in Pumpkin Pie and Real Red and added some booglie eyes.  I stamped the sentiment from Yippee Skippee in Basic Black.  I love how this turned out and I hope you will want this set for your "collection" as much as I did! Happy Stamping and Happy Memorial Day!

0 comments: