Saturday, June 14, 2014

July 4th card

Hey stampers! I've been MIA forever it seems! Sorry about that.  It's been uber busy around here, in a good way.  I apologize that I didn't post this before the retired stuff went away because this card had the Morning Post alphabet used on it and it's now gone.
However, there are some new alphabet sets in the new catalog that you could substitute.  I started with Whisper White base and layered a Marina Mist layer onto it after running it through the Perfect Polka Dots folder. I cut two of the hearts from the Hearts Framelits in Night of Navy and Whisper White, piercing the blue one with the paper piercing pack and the other stamping with Cherry Cobbler ink with the Chevron Background stamp and sponging the edges with Soft Suede.  I stamped out the letters in Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler onto Crumb Cake punched out with the Postage punch and again, sponging the edges.  I threaded some Silver Baker's Twine and tied bows at each end.  I finished off the card with the stars punch and Silver Glimmer Paper.  I know it's a bit early to show this card, but for some of us planning cards for classes, it's the right time..;) (and if I don't post it now, it will be forgotten for sure all together...lol)
I hope you enjoy this wonderful Father's Day weekend and get out and

0 comments: