Thursday, January 29, 2015

Celebrate Today!

 Here is a card that I made for a little friend of Jenna's who is turning 8.  I hadn't even inked this stamp set until now and I can say that the set and the coordinating dies are so awesome!  
I started by layering Daffodil Delight onto Whisper White base and then another piece of Whisper White for the "canvas" for stamping on.  I stamped out the balloon carrier in Smokey Slate directly on the paper and then again on a scrap of the Sweet Taffy DSP and cut it out and popped it up on Dimenionals. I punched out some "clouds" using the Cupcake Builder punch out of the same pack of DSP and glued them randomly around on the white.  I die cut 3 of the balloons using Sweet Taffy DSP and folding them in half and then attaching them with Fast Fuse together to make it 3D.  I cut the banners from the same die set out of Silver Glitter paper and attaching with Mono Multi glue. I adhered it all down to just cover the strings on the carriage and tied a Basic Gray Baker's Twine bow in the corner.
I stamped out the Celebrate in Melon Mambo across the bottom and then finished it off by stamping birthday in Basic Gray ink onto Melon Mambo card stock and flagging one end.
Sadly, the little girl didn't end up inviting Jenna to her birthday as she had told her she was going too, but we will give her the card anyway.  She is heartbroken, but what do you do? Be the bigger person and teach her that giving is good. Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments: