Sunday, January 25, 2015

Lotus Blossom

 This was probably the most popular card at class this month. (Also the most CHOSEN Salebration stamp set, 29 of my 30 club members chose it as their FREE!)   I have to say that I thought it might overwhelm, but I stuck to one color, Calypso Coral versus trying to make them crazy with more than one color.  I'm glad I did, not only did it keep things calm, I love how it turned out with one color. I used Chocolate Chip, Calypso Coral and Newsprint DSP to layer the card base.
 So, as I said, I stamped the flower in Calypso Coral in all three layers.  I stamped the stem in Wild Wasabi and the sentiment in Gold Encore all onto Very Vanilla card stock and then used the new  Ornate Tag Topper Punch to punch the top and where I then added a bow made from Gold Baker's twine. I punched the edge of a piece of Gold Glimmer paper with the Scallop Edge punch and glued it just behind the tag.
I had some choose the stamp set because of the flower, but had a couple want it JUST for this little saying.  I think I like the whole set! ;)

0 comments: